Do these problems sound like your previous efforts with composting?
- The pile was too dry, too wet, didn't work
- The pile attracted fruit flies, ants, cockroaches and other critters
- I didn't know what to put in the bin/pile. I don't know what greens and browns are. It was too complicated.
- Maybe you are not sure if composting is for you
- Have you had problems creating good compost?
- and then....Have you decided that it was all too hard and abandoned the compost pile or bin?
If you gave up, you are not alone.
Watch this video for a super, simple, foolproof way to start a pile.
Anyone can do it! Refer to the book for extra details to guarantee success.
Here are some of the things you will get in this book
A GUIDE FOR COMPOSTING WITH WORMS
- Why compost with worms?
- What do worms eat?
- How do I look after the worms?
- How many worms do I need?
- Where is the best place to put a worm farm?
- How do worms actually make the compost?
- and ...an often asked question...Do the worms ever escape?
If you want to try composting with worms, this easy to read guide will answer all of your questions. This is a great way of composting to get the kids involved.
WHAT ABOUT EQUIPMENT?
Garden fork turning black composted soil in wooden compost bin
- Do I need any equipment?
- How to use a compost tumbler.
- Make a compost tumbler.
- Make a compost bin.
- What is a compost aerator?
To buy equipment or not to buy equipment? Just as there are some excellent compost bins and other accessories, the choice is yours. There are plenty of options to make compost using no specialised equipment.
COMPOSTING IN THE KITCHEN
- What kitchen scraps are okay to compost?
- What is the best container to use for a kitchen compost crock.
- Things to consider if buying a kitchen compost crock.
- Is it okay to compost meat and dairy products?
- What is Bokashi Composting?
This is just the absolute best and something that everyone can do. It's just a matter of making it a habit, at least most of the time. Let's face it, none of us are compliant 100% of the time. Comprehensive instructions are included for composting in the kitchen using different containers. It can be as easy as wrapping the fruit and vegetable scraps from tonight's dinner in newspaper and adding to the compost.